Monday, January 4, 2016

January

Happy 2016!
Wow another year gone and a new one to shape!
Last month was a little crazy! 
I went to Miami for my last race of 2015. It was a needed vacation away from it all.
Lucy had her first dance recital! She was a mouse in the nutcracker... the cutest little mouse of all if you ask me. I think she had a little stage fright but is excited to dance on stage again.
We made Christmas cookies, decorated a ginger bread house and made all sorts of ornaments or the tree. She is a crafty little girl. It has been fun teaching her carols, I think her favorite is Rudolph and she even does the little echo parts when she sings. 
Lucy has memorized my phone number and her address and we are now working on a scripture. I don't know how long that will take but I think its a good thing for both of us.
Seems like if she isn't talking she is singing these days. Songs she knows or songs she makes up. It doesn't matter. 
She has also been insistent on asking me to please have "a baby come out of my tummy, because it will be so cute and she will dress it and cuddle with it". Originally she asked me if I would get sick and have a baby. Not sure which is better. I keep telling her I don't think she knows what she's asking for. Crazy kid
She got a microphone for Christmas from the Solomon's, it keeps her pretty happy and loud. I asked her and showed her how to turn the volume down and she asked me how everyone was going to hear her. She was then asked to say prayer in primary, on the way to church we were talking about it and she asked me if I brought her microphone, I told her they would have one she could use, to put her worries to rest. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment