23 months! Last month I get to say months, so sad! Its crazy to think that Miss Lucy has been here for almost 2 years. Sometimes I wonder where the time went and other times I think how has it only been 2 years? Not sure how she can just amaze me everyday. She learns new words every day. She plays new games and comes up with little songs all the time. She is like a little ninja, she can be quiet and sneaky, one min she is here petting Frank and the next thing I know she has a book and wants me to read it. She remembers where I hide things from her and hours later retrieves them and has them in the front room, or she remembers there were cookies or some kind of treat in the counter before her nap and will ask for it the minute she wakes up. I love, love, love the way she tucks everything in, her baby, lamby, or even Frank. She will tuck herself in, in the most random places and act like she is sleeping by snoring really loud. She will do a summersault and clap for herself. She loves to spin around till she is dizzy and fall over. She sings her favorite songs (ABC's, twinkle, twinkle and itsy bitsy spider) and will do some of the hand motions. We've been working on Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes with the movements. While picking raspberries the other day she caught on rather quickly and was picking mostly the red ones every now and again there was a pink one but she was rather pleased to be helping. When I go out to my garden she is quite the little helper. I can hand her a zucchini, cucumber, pepper, basically anything she can carry and she will go put it in the bowl next to the door. She sometimes will help herself to the cherry tomato bush or just pick a tomato she demes worthy and bites into it like an apple. She still loves food, but seems to be getting a little pickier. She loves strawberry, peach or key lime yogurt but was not a fan of vanilla. She has figured out that when I use a whisk there is something tasty on them and will come beg for them while I'm mixing. Lucy loves balloons, even ones that I just blow up. She throws them in the air and kicks them around. If they have helium in them she loves to pull the string or hold them and hit things with them and then laugh and laugh. I love the sound of her laugh I can't get enough, especially when you really get her going, its just contagious. She uses please and thank you all the time. If she is really excided about something she begs "peas, peas, peas!". When she starts throwing fits I ask her to use her words and it ends up being "peas! mama!" which isn't a lot of help. But it is pretty cute.
I've figured out that she eats so much better if I will sit down with her and eat. So the other day I gave her, her bowl and went back to get mine. When I sat down she folded her arms and bowed her head and started saying prayer (not one that I could understand, just for the record)...Talk about a humbling moment! When my little girl reminds me to pray over food.
Yesterday in the car I put in Finding Nemo and when Nemo got caught by the scuba divers Lucy go worried and kept saying "oh 'no", "mama, oh 'no!" it was so cute. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. She loved the rest of the movie kept yelling "fishes!" and clapping.
She had started catching on to all the animal noises. I think my favorite is the growling that she thinks alligators make.
Still loves books. Every night I can go room to room and pick up at least 3-4 books she drug in there to "read". She also reads to Frank and her baby.
I think she is ready for potty training but I'm not sure I am! The other night she said "pee, pee?" so I pulled her diaper off and she sat on her potty, making faces and funny noises and when she stood up she had actually gone potty! She was rather proud of her self. I guess I should catch up!
I have a feeling this little cutie is going to give me a run for my money. But I can't wait, I love every moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment