Sunday, August 11, 2013

Redfish Camp Out

I was looking forward to this camp out for quite awhile. We have been only doing this for a few years and it is crazy to think back to all the fun that we have had. Its odd to think of all my nieces and nephews growing up. Looking around I realize that everyone is adjusting to some sort of of change. Some more obvious than others. The Counters are sending their oldest Megan to collage. The Solomon's suddenly have 3 teenagers and Anna. The  Melville's are adjusting to living in Utah and in a place of their own. The Schmalboch's just moved to Utah as well, and Luke is getting so big. It is nice to know I am not alone in this world of change. I do not often willingly admit to this but, I miss my mom. I miss knowing I can call her and get advice on anything, or just to talk. I miss the feeling of comfort and protection that a mother can provide. Often when I let Satan get the better of me he convinces me that I am alone. That I am on my own to figure things out. But as I drove away from camp today I had such an over whelming feeling of comfort, and love. I realized that I am surrounded by mothers, each and everyone of my sisters are incredible mothers. I can call them for whatever, whenever, I know that they love me. I realized just how protective they are of me, and that they truly want what is best for me. I am so thankful for the family support system that I have. This amazing network of people that help to fill my life with so much. I know that I do not have to morn the loss of my mother figure in my life because I have been provided with many. Thank you to my sisters for being who you are. I have missed time with you all, which is why now I hold on to traditions like these with a white knuckle fist. I know their importance and am thankful for all of you for humoring me in my endeavors, and forgiving me of my short comings.
Anyways Redfish didn't disappoint! We had so much fun. Lucy was spoiled by everyone,and became a little explorer herself. She enjoyed stomping through the dirt and playing with the gravel. Walking in the water and being chased by cousins. I enjoyed watching her thrive in an environment of people that she knew loved her. The first day we got there we were a little down because we were 20 minuets down the road from the lake, but first thing the 5 of us ladies hunted down camp spots and successfully landed 2 that would work. After an afternoon of moving we went to play in the water and with jet skis. The second day was a nice relaxing day of playing and eating too much. We headed to the lodge for ice cream and some music, where a few of the cute cousins were spotted for a Redfish commercial. The next day we organized ourselves and headed on a hike to 4th of July lake, everyone made it. We got back in time for some dinner. After most of the crowd headed for the hot springs and a dip in the river. And we all gathered for a last night of s'mores and hot chocolate. Here is to another successful year up there.















No comments:

Post a Comment