Friday, June 21, 2013

The Boise Aquarium

Looking for something to do the other day and ended up at the Boise Aquarium. It's not real big and honestly a bit over priced, but we can now say we went. Lucy seemed to enjoy running around, there are several aquariums at her height, so she didn't need any help seeing into them. They had rock boarders along the larger one that she had fun climbing on. She loved pointing and yelling "fish!"  There was a smaller, lower pool with fish and star fish that I had to keep her from climbing into, funny kid seems to love water!
The highlight of the trip was feeding the sting rays. (Yes, I 'm a sucker and paid $3 for a tiny cup with like 4 shrimp to feed them) Anyway I didn't get any pictures since its hard to juggle Lucy, a cup of over priced food, and a camera as the sting rays flock to the food. Since their mouths are under their bodies, they would swim up and the top half of them would be out of the water making slurping noises, it was a bit surprising, even for me and scared Lucy, I think she would have climbed up on my head if she could have, after the first initial shock, she calmed down and started waving at them saying "oh, no! oh,no!" While they were close I took her hand and pet one, she wasn't real impressed with that, but she had a good time splashing and yelling at the fish as they swam under her hands.
 They also had a few birds and lizards. It was a good way to kill a couple of hours, and I think Lucy had a good time.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment