Friday morning we headed to the Zoo with some of the clans. It was pretty cool, I hadn't been to the Hoggle zoo since elementary. I didn't really remember any of it. They had lots of animals that he Boise zoo doesn't and vise versa. Which was pretty cool. It was hot and I kind of forgot to take pictures. The kids rode on the Merry-go-round. Lucy got to ride the "baby" giraffe, I had to ask a mom if she would mind letting her sit on it instead of her baby...She was nice.
After that we got rainbows at Pace's, and barbecued later that night, and played some train game.
The next morning we were up early and ready to race! There was some confusion with kids start time. So we raced around and left the house and hour-ish earlier than we had thought. Only to find our that the web site was wrong so we had plenty of time.
We did the kids race first. At first Lucy was very excited and wanted to run. I think that once she saw the start line and all the kids she started getting nervous and wanted me to hold her. We started to run! and then came to the first obstacle, under a cargo net. Lucy unhappily followed me while calling me. The second obstacle was crawling in mud under wire, very unhappy little girl, didn't want to get dirty, she very carefully followed me. We then ran to the walls which I helped her over and It seemed we were in the clear, until she slipped on the last wall, I caught her and she didn't want to finish, I told her we had to finish what we started so we ran some more while she told me she couldn't do it. We then came to the "rolling mud". She literally took on look and said "I'm not doing that" turned around and started running the opposite way. Daniel to the rescue, he asked her if she wanted to sit on his shoulders and go through it with him. And she complied. She also told him she was helping to hold him up while the crossed the mud. She ran the last few yards, walked the balance beam and collected her metal, clifbar, banana and water. And said "that was so much fun! I wanna do it again" Funny girl-
After her race Frank, Daniel and I went to start our own race. I was hot! And it totally kicked my butt! The race started with some adult size rolling mud and then had us climbing up the mountain, the kids and Nicole waited for us towards the end of the first round of obstacles. Lucy said good job and gave us high fives. They got to go enjoy some A/C and lunch while we went on with our course and then met up with us at the end, watched us finish our last four obstacles.
After the race we hit In n' Out. Took Emma home and passed out at Nicole's house.
It was a fun weekend and I think we are both worn out! I'm anxious to see what next years race will bring.












No comments:
Post a Comment