I look at Lucy and see a little girl- no more toddler, and no more baby. How did those days slip by so fast? I like to think that I enjoyed them to the fullest, cuddled her and played with her as much as I could. I look at pictures of her now and think how did she grow so fast? Her legs and arms are long and skinny. And even her sweet little face has matured just a little. Sigh...
Well 3 is here to stay, and its like most people say. Terrific two's, terrible three's.... Its almost like a switch! I know I can't complain, she is such an easy going, happy little girl.
While doing Lucy's hair, I was happy to put in pig tails! I had missed those SO much! Well it took two seconds and she says "no! ONE! One band, or you wont be my friend!" In my head I was like what did you just say to me! and out Loud I said, "Say please, one band" How did she already learn the your not my friend line? sigh...
Listening to Lucy sing herself and Frank to sleep is one of my favorite things about bed time. She will sing for at least a good 15 minutes, anything from our regular bed time songs to all songs Disney and princess.
Lucy is always a princess, no matter the game we are playing. She was crawling around the floor with a blanket on her back and I asked "are you a turtle?" And she said "Yeah, A princess turtle" Well duh how could I have missed the crown and pink blanket-
This little girl seems to know what she wants. She clearly asks for specific foods toys and books. And heaven help me when I have no idea what she is asking for. While helping her look for bear I asked her if she looked in the toy box and she pointedly looked at me and said "yes, I already looked in there!"
She has memorized movies and it's pretty funny to hear her quote movies as she plays with barbies and ponies.
There is currently a ad running about kids, and it shows s class room of kid shaped sponges- they nailed it! She is a sponge and picks up everything, its crazy how fast she learns a song or repeats my phrases.
Taking her to the park is so fun now! For a long time it involved me climbing and going down all the slides with her and buffering her from the other kids...yeah I know I'm "that" mom. But recently she had become brave on her own and will run around and climb and yell "look at me mom!" I LOVE it! Every now and again she hangs and swings off things that make my heart stop for a minute but I think its great that she is adventurous and energetic.
Little miss was sick for a week or so. Poor kid was throwing up and just sad and restless. Hate seeing her miserable...also hate cleaning up puke...around 2am she came in and snuggled next to me and threw up, nothing makes you move faster than the thoughts of throw up soaking through everything on your bed. I jumped up turned on the lamp and Frank was eating it off of her...at that moment I was some what grateful he was helping clean it up...also very grossed out- I had to take her to work the next morning for a couple of clients and she was so good sitting and playing with her ponies when randomly she says "my mom screams at me". My client laughed and said "tell me all about it Lucy". So Lucy then tells her how I screamed at her because she puked on her dress and cried. Awesome...when am I getting my mother of the year award? I did some yelling mostly AHHH NO! stay right there! and Don't put your hands in it, yuck!
The joys of mother hood hehehe wouldn't trade it for anything.







No comments:
Post a Comment