Saturday, April 12, 2014

April

I'm a little late with this post. But I kind of did it on purpose. Today is also my 1 year anniversary. In more ways than not it feels like it has been so much longer. I think its because Lucy grows so quickly. To think she is currently a spunky, high spirited, little 2 and a 1/2 year old and last year we were still counting by months.
This month has been a fun one. Lucy will only wear pretty dresses. Which poses a problem when its still super cold outside and she doesn't want to wear tights. Though it is still a very cute stage. Every once in a while I can trick her into wearing pants under her dress. Those days are few and far between. I normally feel like a bad parent letting her run around with little bare legs. It is truly a pick your battles situation.
She talks so much and comprehends so much more. I am still caught off guard when I ask her to do something in steps and she does it. The other day she had her crayons and book out and wanted to paint so I told her she had to put her crayons and book away and throw away the paper ( she peels her crayons) and she did, rather quickly. And was ready to paint.
The mornings are still one of my favorite parts of the day, but she is getting a bit more demanding as far as food goes. She comes into my room and wants food right there and then. Purple bar and milk please! MOM! Get up, hungry time!
She has managed to memorize Tangled and Frozen. Knows all the songs and characters. Its pretty cute.
Her imagination seems to be growing. I was putting on my make up when she ran into the bathroom and said "mom! I scared! Monsters get us" and then ran back out slammed my bedroom door, runs back and says "I save us" She is always saving us from monsters or dragons.
She recently became afraid of the dark. One random night of not going to bed, I sat her down and calmed her and asked her what's wrong? and She said "I scared, light on" . Not sure where she came up with that since she has never had a night light, but whatever keeps her in her bed :)
We also up graded her bed into a Twin. She seems to like her big girl bed. Every night before I go to bed I open her door and check on her...yes I am "that" mom... I have to make sure she's still there and breathing. But Frank goes in and sleeps on the end of her bed. Its hard to believe how protective he is of her. Especially the way she treats him sometimes. Maybe he realizes he would go hungry a lot more without her.
Found out she is one of the few children that get hyper off Benadryl. Chad called me and said she was sick, asked me if I wanted to come get her early because you could tell she just wasn't feeling good. I knew she's been having some allergy problems, high pollen count, whatever. So I went and picked her up. We got home and she ate a granola bar and I gave her some Benadryl and then she ate some cheese and was SUPER happy. Singing songs and dancing. Laughing and playing. She wanted to call her Papa, so we did and she sang him almost every song she knew! It was a late night and she slept in till 930 the next day! Needless to say I no longer give her Benadryl.
A couple of my favorite quotes this month.
She was wrapping up her dolls and says "I love making babies."
The other one was when she was coloring with markers and couldn't get one of the lids off and she said "Mom! Help your baby."
I also can't get enough of the random "I love you" or "I love you so much"



 

This year has been a crazy one. I feel like I can say my highs are what get me through the lows. There has been a lot of self discovery, I know my strengths and my weaknesses. I know what I want, and what I'm looking for. I know that there are many more up hill battles waiting for me, but I also know that Heavenly Father will be there and with him I can over come anything. (not that I'm looking for trouble) In fact I am hoping I have had my share for a little while and that things will stay calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment