Sunday, November 3, 2013

November Already

Well cold and flu season is here! Though I guess I shouldn't complain, since Lucy is quite the trooper when she is sick.
This past month has some how gone even quicker. I don't even know where to start! I was looking under my bed today looking for the lap top and Lucy came up to me and pulled my pants out and said "mama, poopy?" I couldn't stop laughing! She picks up on everything! It's so funny.
I asked her if she wanted to shower the other morning and she looked and me shrugged, and said "not right now, mama"! seriously where does she get this stuff?
Seems like Frank is more abused by the day. Poor dog is always running from her or sharing his little basket with her.
Seems like she grows by leaps and bounds everyday. I turn around and she knows a new phrase or has figured out how to get into something else.
She is still all about her baby and books. Loves cliff bars and ravioli. If you ask her what color something is, it is always pink, though she does know orange. We work on colors at home and at daycare.
There are evenings I sit and just watch her, and I just can't believe how incredible she is. She is almost always happy, she runs up and hugs my legs as tight as she can and I cant think of a better feeling in the world. I love when she freely kisses me, even the wettest ones are my favorite thing ever.
These past few weeks with daycare have made her a little more clingy, but I'm not going to complain. She always wants to cuddle for a few minuets after I pull her out of the shower and bundle her in a towel. I look forward to it. Those few short minutes when she is so happy to lay her head on my shoulder, and just rock. Best part of the day, I figure I better soak it all up, before she decides she's done with me, and can do it all herself. 
Today I was standing at the counter eating and she kept saying sit down. It took me a minute to follow what she was wanting, but I sat down at the table with her and then she said prayers mama, folded her arms and bowed her head. She is so smart and reminds me that I need to try harder and be better. I don't always remember to pray over food when I'm by myself, I'm thankful that she makes it hard to forget.








No comments:

Post a Comment