This week has flown by! I was a bit nervous to see how daycare/preschool would go. Lucy adjusted quickly, her teacher said that she is ahead for her age, she was impressed that she knew most of her colors and played well with the other kids. She said that Lucy took instructions really well and that she could tell I worked with Lucy at home. And Lucy seems to be doing alright, maybe a little more clingy than normal but I think she likes it. And my new job seems like it will be a good thing for me.
Took Lucy to the pumpkin patch tonight with my friend Kimberly. We got to pet goats, pigs, bunnies and chickens, in the little petting zoo. It took her a little while to the idea of the animals eating out of her hand/cup, But once she warmed up she was the happy squealing kid, making the animals think "man, I need a new job".We tried the barrel ride, but I wasn't thinking, I should have gone with her but instead they drove 5 feet away Lucy freaked out and I ran and grabbed her...I guess we'll have to try that again with her, cause she was the one that pointed and said "want ride". We also tried the pony rides, but she wasn't so sure of that. She liked to pet the ponies, but was not too impressed by sitting on them. She LOVED the corn pit. Not sure why but she thought it was pretty cool. She also enjoyed the hay ride to pick out pumpkins. Lucy had a blast walking around the field and saying "pumpkin" She liked hitting them and stepping on the vines. Ran around saying "Hi" to everyone and pointing to her pumpkin, One of the funny things is that she kept thinking she could pick up the big ones, she'd lift and strain, it was pretty cute. She found a broken one and was concerned, she pulled on my hand and pointed to in saying "broken? oh no mom!" Glad I got to take her, it may become a yearly tradition. It is always so much fun to watch her explore new things.
No comments:
Post a Comment